Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Why I miss rural North America...

An anecdote from my holidays.

Having written many posts about the lack of gentlemen currently populating earth I feel obliged to share this nugget with you. Last week I found myself sitting in McDonald's, located in a small North American city. While I was sipping on my chocolate milk and watching tennis on the flat screen I noticed a young couple (teenagers) sitting at a nearby table. The look of summer love was unmistakable. After finishing their meal I watched the two walk out of the restaurant to the young man's SUV (presumably his parent's) when - to my surprise - the young man walked straught to the passenger side of the car to open the door for his girlfriend. Culture shock ensued. I had a huge smile on my face as I headed for my rental car.