Thursday, 29 April 2010

Idiocy Knows No Bounds Case Study: Yankees Assistant GM

As Obama prepared to hold the trophy, Afterman said, "Let him hold it; he may not get a chance again." The crowd assembled in the East Room laughed, prompting the grinning President to reply, "And you wonder why the other teams don't root for you."
"The minute I said that I thought, 'Man, that sounds Republican,' " Afterman said. "I wanted to retract it immediately. I am a huge supporter of the President. I supported him since he announced his candidacy."
Afterman stressed that last part several times Tuesday, noting that she is one of the few Democrats in the Yankees' front office.


So much could be said about this little exchange, but I'll just put it out there and let you mull over it. I have a feeling nobody brought Afterman her coffee this morning.