Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Where have all the real men gone?

This topic always touches a nerve. My last post about 'girly men' is still one of my most frequently visited pages. Over at Closet Conservative, my fashionista friend has pointed out a great read entitled "Is America Still Making Men?"
"This is basically a summary of all the conversations you have had with your (sane) friends about the wussification of men in our times."

SMW recommends reading it and then forwarding it to all the real men in your life, along with a big THANK YOU for being a real man.

Earlier this year I attended a wedding and a friend introduced me to his son (who is about ten years old). After the introduction he looked firmly at his son and quietly asked him what the appropriate thing to do is when meeting someone. After a very brief deer-in-the-headlights moment the young boy immediately smiled and extended his hand to me - shaking my hand and firmly saying "it's nice to meet you." In ten years time the girls will be clawing each other's eyes out over this little gentleman.