Monday, 7 December 2009

The obligatory Climategate post.....

Except for a brief post a few weeks ago I have not written about Climategate. No, I do not live under a rock - it is just really not my area of expertise. Then again, considering the people who consider themselves experts on "Global Warming" or Cooling or Climate Change, Climate Justice, whatever they're calling it these days, it would not take much for me to sound like a pro.

Please allow me to direct you to an excellent letter (H/T Small Dead Animals), written by Christopher Essex, Associate Chair of the Department of Applied Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario (Go Mustangs!):

Wonderland is certainly where I have been trapped for more than twenty years. But it is not nearly as nice as Alice’s version. Thoughts of the inquisition come to mind instead.Many of we scientists have been ringing the alarm bells from the beginning on this. We have been telling everyone who would listen about who we were dealing with. We have known all along. Climategate is no surprise at all to us. Evidence for this is in my book with Ross McKitrick from 2002, Taken by Storm. It won a $10,000 prize, and is now in a second edition. But few were listening. If my book had a title like Oh, my God, we are all going to die, I am sure that it would have been on the NYT bestseller list at once.

Do click the link above and read it all.
If you are looking for a one stop shop on Climategate check out Small Dead Animals. Kate has this one more than covered.