Thursday, 13 August 2009

Why bother educating women when people are just going to ask you what your husband thinks anyway?

Alright I'm pretty tired of the endless loop being shown of Hillary Clinton's "my husband is not...". It was definitely not her finest moment - although for some reason I find it pretty funny. I actually feel bad for her *waiting for the email to start pouring in about that one* because sometimes, on a much smaller scale, I can relate to her sentiment. This whole snappysnap incident reminded me of her Tammy Wynette comment back in the day when she still wore hairbands - she just makes herself look, um, bad. Her outburst drowned out anything important she might have had to say.

Well I stopped feeling bad when I read this quote from an interview she gave yesterday:
if you educate a man, you educate a man. If you educate a woman, you educate a family.

Apparently everything we learn from our fathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, is not important. I guess in Clinton's world the men are so busy pursuing other things they don't have time to teach anyone anything.

Yeah women are great, but I know some pretty awesome men too.

Note to Hillary's stylist: Please cut out the lavender pantsuits and ask Madame Secretary to sit up straight.