Saturday, 22 August 2009

Saturday Morning Deliciousness....



When I was a kid, my dad and I used to ride our bikes into town and buy these ice cream sandwiches called Snack and a Half. Not sure if they still sell them anywhere? They were soooooo good. Oatmeal cookies with ice cream in the middle and dipped in chocolate. Well I have recreated them from scratch - and they are so good on a summer day.


Oatmeal Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches

Step One: Whip up this Martha Stewart recipe for Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chunk Cookies. The cookies are great on their own, but if I am using them for ice cream sandwiches I usually leave out the pecans.

Step Two: Once you have cooked and cooled the cookies, layer them with your favourite ice cream. I prefer vanilla or chocolate for these sandwiches.

Step Three: Roll the edges of your sandwich in a topping of choice (sprinkles or chocolate chips or chopped nuts, etc).

Step Four: Stick them on a sheet of parchment paper and pop them in the freezer for 30 minutes or so.

Step Five: Enjoy!