Friday, 21 August 2009

In Memory of Channon Christian

Channon Christian was a young American girl whose life ended needlessly and far too soon. Unfortunately, her death, and the death of her boyfriend, have received little national media attention. There are some who have manipulated the story surrounding this case and turned it into a circus, and I will not be embracing any of that discourse on this site. I wanted to post something about the horrific nature of this crime and those who perpetrated it, but frankly after reading over the trial transcripts and statements of the defendants this week I am too sickened to do so.

Instead, I want to give the spotlight to Channon - a beautiful young woman who I never had the honour of knowing, but whose story touched my heart. She will not be forgotten.